Teaching Resilient Students and Raising Healthy Teens: Mental health, substance use and suicide prevention resources for educators and parents
This monthly newsletter provides a list of curated resources and activities to support social emotional development, healthy coping as well as crisis support for educators, students and parents.
This edition announces September’s Hope & Justice prompt, our Art for Change event, upcoming Suicide Prevention 101 webinars, and resources for preparing for back to school.
- Suicide Prevention Activity Guide
- Back to School Resources for Educators, Students, and Parents
- Mental Health Thrival Kit
This edition announces a mental health kit for students and features a resource for LGBTQ+ youth, a stress-reduction breathing technique, and the brochure “Suicide Prevention 101 for Parents” in Spanish.
- Mental Health Guide for LGBTQ+ Youth: Be True and Be You
- Suicide Prevention 101 Brochure for parents in Spanish
This edition includes a suicide prevention training for educators, a webinar for schools, and a resource for families with tips to connect more with their kids.
This edition features a fact sheet to help staff, students, and families through prolonged stress as well as activities and virtual events for youth and educators.
- Fact Sheet: Coping in Hard Times
- Featured Lesson Plan: Mental Health
- Parent Resource Guide: Raising Healthy Teens
This edition features a variety of resources including the brochure “Suicide Prevention 101 for Parents” and several webinars offered for parents and educators in partnership with the California Department of Education.