Teaching Resilient Students and Raising Healthy Teens: Mental health, substance use and suicide prevention resources for educators and parents
This monthly newsletter provides a list of curated resources and activities to support social emotional development, healthy coping as well as crisis support for educators, students and parents.
This edition features a variety of resources including the brochure “Suicide Prevention 101 for Parents” and several webinars offered for parents and educators in partnership with the California Department of Education.
- Suicide Prevention 101 Brochure for Parents in English
- Featured Lesson Plan: Substance Use and Healthy Coping
- Featured Activity: Hope Journal Bookmark (in English and Spanish)
This edition features a fact sheet to help staff, students, and families through prolonged stress as well as activities and virtual events for youth and educators.
- Fact Sheet: Coping in Hard Times
- Featured Lesson Plan: Mental Health
- Parent Resource Guide: Raising Healthy Teens
This edition includes a suicide prevention training for educators, a webinar for schools, and a resource for families with tips to connect more with their kids.